At the start of the lesson we discussed our hybrid ideas in small groups of four people for 40 minutes and got feedback on all the ideas.
Here is my feedback:
- Vegan cafe and yoga classes
- Movable furniture?
- Sustainable sessions
- Calm environment
- Materials used
- Consider Vegan materials
- Lava lamps, relaxing atmosphere
- Night cafe?
- Bean bags, hanging chairs
- Dessert parlour and learning classes
- Could get a treat once they get something right
- Butchers and community service/ bullying support
- Learn a new skill
- Get anger out on the meat
- Safety concerns
- Learn to use the equipment
- Noodle outlet and bereavement counselling
- Talk while they eat
- Have posters around the room with positive quotes
- Animal food and summer school
- Teach kids to look after their animals properly by having the right food
- Age range?
- Odd choice
After that we started our sketch models on 32 Cambridge Street. We were given a floor plan, front elevation and side elevation and some cardboard to make our model.
I found it difficult to work out how to put together the slanted model but slowly got there as shown below in the slide show:
I learnt more about thinking through my measurements and how to assemble my model together.