Site survey presentation:
- Survey staircase in the building
- 1:20 or :50 scale
- The more dimensions you get the more knowledge you get out of it
- Floor to floor includes the ceiling
- Mortar is traditionally 10mm!
- Count the amount of rises on staircase
- Landing is not a tread!
- Get dimensions of first riser
- Make notes of measurements
- Measurements from tread to handrail
- Roughly 900m
My attempt at site surveying a staircase:
I chose a staircase in the studio and did measuring the staircase in a group. My group went to the bottom of the stairs and did the very bottom set of stairs.
Here is a picture of the stairs we did:
Site survey drawing:
I made a note of the stairs in my sketchbook and here is an image of the stairs which we have to draw as a plan and elevation:
This is an important skill in the trade as by knowing how to do site surveys you can draw any space to show to your client or manufactures who will be getting the materials for the space you are using. So if you are wrong by a large margin you could risk getting fewer materials when you need more which could cost your client.