Final Adjustments & Presentation…

Thursday’s session:

After the criticism we got from Tuesday we wanted to improve our model as we were given some new ideas to develop.

We started off by layering our tracing paper layers in the model, so we photocopied the drawing to a smaller size:

1
All the drawings in one photo

While we were photocopying the drawings we had a few technical issues, however one of the prints that came out double-sided and actually looked really pretty as shown below:

2.JPG
Traced overlay

Developing work:

Again we cut holes in the windows in the buildings on our new layers of tracing paper.

For these layers, we added coloured outlines around the buildings to add a bit of colour to the monochrome model as shown below:

3.jpg
Outlined in colour

 

While my team were doing that, I went back to the abstract shapes and tried doing a few of my own with soft pastels.

The light did not shine though them that well when I experimented with it, so we didn’t use that technique:

We learned from Tuesday’s experiments that the shadows looked better on black so we made the base black instead of white.

Here are some pictures of the multi layered tracing paper model together, before we used lights to manipulate it:

Photo experiments in the photography studio:

I photographed our model with a black lid on top to see how it would look.

It was unsuccessful, as the shadows did not show up very well inside or outside the model:

10.JPG
Black lid model

The photo below shows the light source (torch) we used to put in the centre of the model to create the shadows.

We mainly used this light source but occasionally used our phones to test out the best light source:

11
Light inside model

Mobile phone photo experiments:

As shown below the long distant shadow worked really well on this photo as it showed the distance from the model up the wall.

The other is a close up to show the multi layering part of the model:

More photos of the model with one layer at a time in the photography studio:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Then we took a series of photos of the coloured tracing paper version:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Both layers of tracing paper photo experiments:

Finally we combined the layers together for a few photos to see the outcomes of the different shadows together.

We found that the inside layer blocked some of the light on a couple of windows:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Final Presentation:

As a group we decided which were our favourite photos and we edited our favourites on Photoshop, these were the final five that we printed ready to present to the class:

As it was our deadline for this project, we had to present our work to the rest of the group. As a group we presented the work by explaining the model and drawings.

Summary:

Overall I enjoyed the project however it was a big wake up cool for me about how projects are going to be. One of the team members did not participate very much which made it hard for the rest of the team but we got them to be a little more involved towards the end of the project. Next time I would prefer to do it individually as I had loads of ideas and would have done it differently from what I ended up doing in the group project.

I learned that even when you think your model/project is done, there is always a way to improve your work. Throughout this brief project, ideas can come from the simplest sparks of inspiration which can then be developed to look nothing like your original idea.

~Emily~

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Final Adjustments & Presentation…

Add yours

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: